Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snowboarding at Whitetail

I was supposed to go snowboarding during the long weekend, but I got sick and spent the whole weekend trying to get better. The next weekend, Randall agreed to make it up to me and take me and his son, Toby to the resort to go snowboarding. We invited Tori along as well. He never been skiing or snowboarding and decided he’d give it a shot.


Randall picked us up at 6am to head to Whitetail Resort. After a few wrong turns, we were on our way. Randall made breakfast for us to eat on the way … spam, Vienna sausages, musubis and egg. Yum!!!  We also saw horses with jackets! They were so cute!


The drive to the resort was so pretty, with the sun coming up and everything. 


We were really excited with the snow on the ground, because that ment there was lots of snow on the mountains!



We finally made it there a few hours later and got our first view of the mountain with the sunlight coming up over it

Tori was all bundled up and ready to go ... it was about 14 degrees up there, and it was pretty cold!  I told Tori that once he got moving around, he'd get warm, but he didn't belive me.
 Randall helping Toby get dressed to go snowboarding.

We got Tori set up in a first time ski class and get his equipement, then we went to rent my equipment and we were off!  Heading to one of the beginner slopes so I could get used to my equipment.  After a few runs and feeling comfortable, Randall and Toby took me to another slope that was alot longer and merged with a blue one.  It was really fun, although the blue part was a little steep for me to go down fast comfortably.  We did a bunch of runs before Randall went to go pick up Tori from his class.  Toby and I continued making runs until we met up with Randall and Tori at lunch.  We took a lunch break and it was so pretty!


Randall had taken Tori on the run that we were on, but it was a little too much for him and he wanted to stay on the easier hills.  I wanted to work on my toe edge and play around, so I told Randall and Toby that I'd stay with Tori on the easier slopes.  Tori and I had lots of fun goofing around and racing down the hills.

I was going down the hill and found a patch of really slow snow that sloped towards the fence.  I got fustrated and took of my snowboard and decided to take some pictures of Tori ... after all, this was his first time skiing ever!  Unfortunately, he got stuck in the same slow snow as me, since he was following me and when I went to take a picture of him, he started drifting backwards!  This is him being silly at that point.

This is him making turns

The view up the hill.  It was such a nice and day it was so fun!

Toby and I taking a hot coco break!!


Taking a break on the top before heading down

We thought it would be funny taking a picture next to the "slow ski/slide zone" because Tori started off going down slow, but at the end, he was going alot faster!

View from the top ... the other runs I did earlier in the morning had nicer views down the mountain, cause I was higher up.

Taking some pics while waiting in line for the lift.

This is a view of the black hills.  The line infront of us was the line for the lift I was going on for the morning runs.  That line was always long!!

View of the park ... I think they had some cometitions going on up there

We were there so long, the sun started to set, and it was so pretty watching the sun set while we were going down the slopes

View looking back from the lifts

 The view of the sunset was prettier the previous run.  But we were racing down the hill so that we could make one more run.  :)

We decided to try to take some fun pictures up at the top



It was so pretty to be there at night.  Night skiing was so awesome!


I had soooo much fun!!  It was a great day and I got to snowboard all day and have fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment