Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day #3

Day 2 of hitting the slopes!  We met in the lobby at 7 again this morning, but since we didn't have to stop by the rental place on the way over, we were able to get the whole group to Winter Park Resort in time to get the kids to class again. (Gunner, Skout and Jaide were going to take classes again).  It was a lot colder today than it was the day before!


The girls taking a last picture before jumping on the shuttle to the village.


I was still very sore from the day before and totally not confident about going down the mountain at all.  I didn't feel like it would be worth the money for me to get a lift ticket for the day, since I wasn't too confident in my snowboarding abilities.  Don was nice enough to offer to stay on the bunny hills with me and help me practice what we learned in class the day before.  So once again, the group split up, with the skiers hitting the sloeps, kids going to class, and us going to the bunny hills.  Don and I spent the whole day playing on the bunny slopes, taking breaks whenever it got crowded from the classes.  I listened in on the classes going around me, and was amazed at how much better the instructors were around us than the one that we had yesterday.  These instructors actually explained how to do things better and seemed to do more one-on-one time with their students.  I picked up a few tips from listening in on them, and asked Don to help me out on a few moves. It was a fun and easy day for me.  By the end of the day, I felt a little more confident in my abilities, and hesitantly agreed that the next time that we came back, I would get a lift ticket and try the green slopes on the lower lifts.
Here's Don at the begining of the day.
Here I am at the begining of the day - I'm smiling!


I was getting the hang of it, I think!
Don demonstating a toe-side edge for me

Posing for pictures

Don kept telling me to pin my pintails to my goggles, like Hannah did in the Olympics.  I didn't, but I posed for a few picture with it!

At the end of the day, the whole group met up in front of the village and we headed out to go snowtubing!!  I was very excited about this, because I've been wanting to do this for YEARS now!  Plus, the whole group had decided to go, even the kids.  I knew that it was going to be fun, even though I never have done it before.  We paid for our hour, grabbed our helmets, went outside, grabbed a tube and headed towards the lift to bring us up the hills.  Hill on the left started off black diamond and went down to green on the left.
It was a pretty high hill, and I was glad there was a lift, because if I had to climb up that thing, I don't think I would have had so much fun.  lol.
It was my first time ever tubing, and I was a little scared to go down all by myself.  Because I was on the lift with Don and John (for some reason, we fell behind, and everyone was already coming down the hill when we were going up the lift), I asked them if we could all link up and go down the hill together.  They agreed and it was so fun!  I think it was more fun than if you went alone.
Even though the hills weren't iced over when we started, we were still going down fast.  After we hit the level part of the hill, Don and John both stuck their feet into the ground to slow us down.  John almost immediately lost his shoe and we kept sliding for a looong time after, so it was a long way for John to hop over and get it after we stopped!!  Don had put on his snowboarding boots, so he created alot of spray and you could see a gouge in the icy/snow for at least a 100 yards!  We soon figured out taht the bigger the group, the faster you go and the more fun it is!  Each time we went down, our group out bigger and bigger.  The last run, we had our whole group connected together going down the hill.

We went so far and fast, I didn't think we were going to stop!  The place had put out hay in 2 places to help stop people.  well, we wizzed by the first patch and thankfully stopped in the middle of the 2nd.  Everyone seemed to have a great time and talked about coming back the next time we hit Winter Park Resort.  chandra and Junior didn't go tubing this time because they were taking pictures, but they mentioned that if we did it again, they would do it!  So we all left in really high spirits.
After a quick stop at KFC for dinner, we headed back to the hotel, where we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub for a while.  You can see the snow on the outter edges still.

Bri and Lindsey had decided that they were going to make Spring Break Shirts for the girls to wear while we were at Winter Park Resorts.  Since we were having late days, they wanted to finish them tonight.  So Beth and I helped by trying to dry them quicker with hair dyers.
Bri did the lettering on the back of our shirts ... I love it!
They also made bandanas for us to wear too, with our nicknames

To see the finished product, you're gonna have to wait till Day #5!  (Unfortuantely, we weren't able to get a picture with Jaide in there before she went off to her class)

No comments:

Post a Comment